“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Col. 3:17
Doing the right thing by our fellow workers, customers, vendors and community. Honoring God is an integral part of everything we do at TSD Logistics.
To encourage our employees to do the right thing, we provide character-building activities:
- A daily devotional is available each morning company-wide. Office employees can receive the daily encouragement through email, and drivers can receive it through their PeopleNet truck communication system.
- Meetings open and close with prayer. Monthly Leadership Team meetings begin by covering a portion of an inspirational book together.
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University class is offered to employees. The class meets weekly at a local church to educate participants in making sound financial decisions.
- TSD Logistics partners with Marketplace Chaplains to visit our office, encourage employees and offer counseling for any personal needs. We support employees and close family members in times of bereavement, illness or other family crises.
Our Customers and Vendors
At TSD Logistics, we treat our customers and vendors just as we would like to be treated. Everyone is honest and open with their communication. We value the close relationships we have formed with each customer and vendor. We offer fair rates to our customers and stay up-to-date with all of our vendors’ invoices.
We believe giving back to the community is included in the call to honor God. We provide opportunities for our employees to reach out to the community through philanthropic and volunteering events. You can find a description of the primary charities we support, along with many other local, national and international charities, on the TSD Cares page.
Having the best people with the best tools and training, providing the best service.
Exceed the Expectations of Those We Serve
- We are committed to on-time pickups and deliveries.
- We help customers in crisis situations.
- Our Internet portal fosters open communication by allowing customers to see up-to-date load information, tender loads, check on invoices, see PODs and BOLs and much more. If you are a customer and need a login, please contact your account manager.
- Each month the office staff joins together for an informational luncheon.
- Driver newsletters are distributed quarterly with current news and announcements.
- The Leadership Team meets on a regular basis to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- TSD has Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to stay connected.
Training and Education
- Account managers and expediters in the Logistics Division have completed the Transportation Intermediaries Association Broker 101 class.
- Account managers in the Logistics Division are recognized as Certified Transportation Brokers by the Transportation Intermediaries Association.
- Drivers are trained in the latest safety practices during orientation. Safety tips are also sent to drivers on a regular basis through the PeopleNet truck communication system and quarterly newsletters.
- TSD has many graduates of the Dale Carnegie course, which teaches the art of public speaking and valuable customer service techniques.
- Trucks are equipped with PeopleNet communication systems to provide safe and open communication with all of our drivers.
- Operations are run through McLeod Software so we have 24/7 access to all information pertaining to operations.
- TSD Logistics has partnered with FleetLocate to offer real-time trailer tracking for each of our carbon black and silica trailers, which helps us improve trailer asset performance and resource allocation.
- Because safety is a high priority at TSD Logistics, we design driver policies to promote safety first and foremost and reward our drivers for safe driving habits.
- Our drivers are trained to adhere to CSA rules and standards, and scores are monitored continuously to ensure low ratings.
- Since March of 2011, onboard cameras have been installed in all trucks to help our safety department assess accidents and implement action plans to prevent further accidents.
- SmartWay Transport Partner
- Transportation Intermediaries Association member
- International Elastomer Conference 2012-2016
Having the ability to thrive in good times and bad.
- Our customers and partners benefit from our strong financial position through low debt ratio, strong cash flow and long-term, excellent banking relationships.
- We invest in insurance that exceeds industry requirements to limit exposure and reduce risk for our customers.